Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A team effort

Writing may be a solitary occupation, but getting the book published is a team effort.

I became aware of that this week when I read the copy edited manuscript for my upcoming book THE BODY IN THE RECORD ROOM. The copywriter saved me from at least two major greenhorn mistakes. One had to do with research. (I thought I had done the research, but I should have confirmed in other places). The other had to do with the ages of related characters.

Every step of the way the people at St. Martin's Minotaur have been there shepherding the book through. Whatever mistakes are in the book will be mine, but I was able to avoid some mistakes, thanks to the good people at the publishing house.

Publication date for THE BODY IN THE RECORD ROOM is October 14, 2008. The book can be ordered in advance from book stores, Amazon.com and other Internet suppliers.

No comments: