Friday, September 12, 2008

More reviews have come in

There have been a couple more reviews. In a day or two I will have posted small excerpts on my web site. Also, I have tired to post them fairly, not to skirt over what they see as the problems. I'm probably not a very good salesman that way.

But I don't see my writing as trying to sell something. I see it as telling people's stories.

I've said it before, but I will say it again. People's stories really matter. Those people lying forgotten in that state hospital cemetery in my hometown (and in a lot of others in other state hospital cemeteries elsewhere) were important people. They deserve to be remembered.

Even fictional stories like The Body in the Record Room help us remember otherwise forgotten groups of people.

And we should preserve the stories of our own families. We should write their stories and tell their stories to our children. Stories really matter. --Joe

If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.




No comments: