Friday, September 5, 2008

Murder and the Book of Revelation

I'm finishing up some final small changes in Murder and the Book of Revelation. I plan to send it off Monday. It is a Rev. John Cosby novel. Whether it will strike anyone's fancy, we will see.

Then I will do a one-month rewrite of
The Body on the Hospital Landing, the next Roy Rogers novel. St. Martin's Minotaur has already indicated an interest in that book.

And then it's back to the blank page. Starting on a whole new book. What will it be? I'm not sure. I have ideas for the third Roy Rogers, but one of the things I like about writing is that it is a living process. The excitement grows as you write the book itself. Actually writing brings on new ideas. Each book evolves.

My goal always is to tell a story. I'm not in the business of making points, promoting causes, or whatever else you might list as a goal. I'm in the business of telling stories. I've said it before, but I will say it again. Stories really matter. Roy Rogers' story (the movie star) helped change my Roy Rogers, and not just my Roy Rogers but whole generations of people to whom he was a hero.

So I'll keep in touch and let you know how things are going. My prayer is that there is another story, a good story, hiding behind that blank sheet of paper. --Joe.

If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

2 comments:

The Clardy's said...

Joe, looks like you have been keeping busy. We are proud of your accomplishments and of those yet to come! Keep writing!

Joe Barone said...

Thanks for the nice note. I am keeping busy. I always enjoy hearing from you. --Joe.