Saturday, October 11, 2008

"May the Good Lord take a liken to you . . ."

Friday, October 17, 2008

I'll end the week with a little sermon. One problem I’ve always had. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I used to think that was a weakness, but now I'm not so sure.

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans used to say something like, “May the Good Lord take a liken to ya,” and then they would wish you the best “until we meet again.”

The Good Lord took a liken to a whole lot of people through Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.

God also took (and still takes) a liken to a whole lot of people through those faithful people who conscientiously work with, love and care for the mentally ill. The Good Lord takes a liken to dogs and cats and other animals through people like my Harry and all the others who work with animals or care for them.

And the Good Lord took a liken to me through all those who have loved me and cared for me over a long life. So long as I am of sound mind, I will remember them.

As I write these posts each day, I pray most of all, that I might be grateful for all those who have loved me, worked with me, taught me, and helped change my life. The Good Lord took a liken to me through those people.

May we all be the kind of people Roy and Dale were. May we all take the time to touch other people's lives. Through us, may the Good Lord take a liken to those we meet each day.

If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: