Friday, October 31, 2008

Responses

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yesterday I received an email from two friends who had just finished the book. I respect their opinion, and I was glad to have their feedback.

One of the most gratifying things about having written the book has been to see published reviews by objective people. In the past, people have read manuscripts and commented, but that's not the same. All but a few of those people were friends. I always wondered what truly objective people would think about what I write.

And I've always known that not all the thoughts would be positive. People are different and they have different responses to things. Also, many criticisms are fair. I didn't write the perfect book. I hope the next one's better.

In fact, when I chose portions of reviews to put on my web site, I intentionally included the negative things.

My book is just a minor book, not earth shaking. Most of the reviews were short. But if someone said something negative, I included it on the site.

So it was good to get feedback by email. I had hoped there would be more. But I don't control those things. All in all, I always appreciate hearing your thoughts about the book.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: