Sunday, October 19, 2008

A way of escape

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mystery novels have always been a way of escape for me. Even very violent ones (Hannibal Lector, etc.) still lead me away from the troubles of the day.

As a writer, one thing I appreciate about mysteries is that they depend on plot. They have to go somewhere.

One part of the genre I don't dip into much is the spy novel. Of course, like most people my age, I loved James Bond, but that was more entertainment and fantasy than anything else. I also loved John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee series.

I've read thousands of mysteries over the years. Now I have the privilege of having written a commercially published mystery. Life couldn't be better for me.


PS. If you have questions about The Body in the Record Room, just ask them in the comments or through my email at my web site. I will try to answer them.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: