Friday, November 28, 2008

Blogging for the fun of it

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yesterday, I just started paging through blogs. I found a lot of interesting ones, some I couldn't read because they were in foreign languages.

I ran across one blog (I could probably never find it again) in which the blogger gave an interesting family activity at Thanksgiving. She and her family collect nuts, seeds and fruit and go through the woods leaving treats for the wildlife.

What a great idea! Her blog may be like mine. Not many may look at it each day, but just one who ran across it had his life made better because of that blog.

I blog to keep the lines of communication open with those who read my books. Few may feel the need to communicate with me (though some have), but for those who do want to write the author of a book they have read, I have my web site and my blog. Each gives a chance for people to communicate.

So I love blogging for the fun of it. I enjoy fulfilling the obligation to write at least a little each day I'm in pocket. Also, sometimes the things I write lead me in new directions and give me new ideas. I tend to think in writing, so writing is good for me.

I've dreamed of writing a blog novel, one chapter every day, a la Charles Dickens. He wrote serial novels for newspapers and they became classics. That wouldn't happen for me, but even the writing itself is a blessing.

So there's a lot to be said for blogging for the fun of it.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
Just wanted you to know I finished your new book and sent a copy to one of your old friends, Gary Simon, who I keep in touch with. I enjoyed the book and hope to get together with you again someday and discuss it. I don't spend much time on the computer (although it has finally replaced my old typewriter), but I hit your blog when I think of it and admire your writing. It is good to know that all is well with you and Ann.
Best wishes, Jack Trage

Joe Barone said...

Jack,
Great to hear from you. I'll be in touch. --Joe.