Sunday, December 21, 2008

History in postcards













Sunday, December 21, 2008

There's a lot of history in postcards.

Years ago there was a little feature in The Kansas City Star. It was done by Mrs. Sam Ray. I'm remembering this, but I think I have her name correct. The feature was called something like "Postcards from Old Kansas City."

Anyway, I always read that little feature and enjoyed it a lot.

So when a friend sent me a web site which displays old postcards, I was excited. I thought I would share it with you. The postcard I show here is one from the old Nevada, Missouri, State Hospital # 3 where I grew up, but the site has postcards from all the different states. It is an amazing site.

History interests me. I'm not the best at remembering or researching, but looking back is a blessing to me. If you like looking back, you might check out this web site.


PS. As you can see by the link above, I did look up Mrs. Ray's name, and I got it right, miracle of miracles.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: