Monday, December 29, 2008

The power of humor

Monday, December 20, 2008

I was in Barnes and Noble today. I was looking for a book by a particular author, but I couldn't remember his name. I had the title of the book all messed up too. But a nice young woman found the book for me on the basis of my slight description.

When I thanked her and said I thought she was amazing, she just laughed. "A while back I had someone come in looking for a book she had seen in here two years ago. The only thing she knew about it was that it was blue. I couldn't find it."

I laughed, and she replied, "That is a true story."

Humor helps us get though life when life isn't easy. We are facing an eminent death in our family, someone very close. Those little sparks of humor in our regular life do a lot to help.

All the friends and family who gather around help too. Thank God for all the blessings in our lives.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: