Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Prayer


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I was amused by all the brouhaha about who was going to pray at Barack Obama's inauguration.

It doesn't matter who prays because we can all pray for him in our own ways and out of our own faiths.

I do that today. I pray for his and his family's safety. We can't paper over the fact that there's still a lot of racial and other kinds of hatred out there.

I pray for his success. There are so many people who want a real leader. We desperately need someone who can turn this nation and our standing in the world around.

And I pray for his strength as a husband and a father. Unquestionably, his main values start with wife and family. May his family be stronger and more whole because of who he is and how he has decided to serve this nation.

There will be many roadblocks, not the least of which will be the very people who got us in this mess in the first place. But my prayer for Barack Obama is that he can overcome the roadblocks, that when he leaves office both his family and this nation are the better for his having served.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: