Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's resolutions

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I don't make New Year's resolutions.

Often I am aware that there is one thing I feel the need to do in the coming year. Then I decide to do it. But other than that, I just keep on going on.

Overall, I suspect our practice in regard to resolutions reflects a lot of who we are. I respond better to a vision than a goal. If I can become excited about the next book, I will write the next book. If I have a goal to write a book, I will almost certainly fail.

One time I lost a lot of weight (close to one hundred pounds) and have kept it off. To do that I had to understand God had a different vision for me. Then I started going to the doctor regularly and doing other things to help make me more healthy.

My actions were just a part of what I felt called to become.

We all face the New Year in different ways. If resolutions are helpful to you, I wish you the best. And if you have other ways, good luck to you as well. Happy New Year!



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.



No comments: