Saturday, February 7, 2009

Humor is hard to write

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Humor is hard to write. That's because once you've written a humorous scene, you can't write a similar scene again and have it be as funny.

I have visions of writing a totally humorous mystery novel some day, but what a task that will be.

Do you have favorite humorous mystery writers other than Janet Evanovich? Many like her. I do too. I haven't read the latest Stephanie Plum novels.

I'm looking for some funny mysteries. If you have suggestions, let me know.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

I don't think anyone has written funnier crime fiction than Donald Westlake did in his John Dortmunder series. Those are my favorite funnies.

Joe Barone said...

Thanks so much for the comment. Believe it or not I've not read any of the John Dortmunder series. I've put it on my list to read.