Monday, February 16, 2009

Where do you get your Sunday Quotes?


Monday, February 16, 2009

Where do you get your Sunday Quotes? From all kinds of places. From the Internet, from books, from places I've marked in books I've read. But every Sunday Quote is from a book I've read.

I may not have remembered the quote. I may have found it somewhere else. Take Simenon, for example. I read every one of those books (and there were a lot) twenty or thirty years ago. Each book got shorter and shorter until finally, they were so compact they were almost novellas or short stories. But they were absolutely compelling.

So when I quoted Maigret Stonewalled, I got the quote from a source, not from the book itself. But I read the book once upon a time and it is a book I enjoyed.

If I cite the book, my citing it is an invitation for you to look up the book and read it.

Mystery stories have meant a lot to me over the years. They have taken me away when I was troubled, or they have just made me feel challenged and moved. I hope you too will find some stories that do the same for you.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: