Friday, March 13, 2009

The blessing of blogs

Friday, March 13, 2009

Right now I am reading a book I learned of on a blog. You'll be hearing about it in just a day or two.

And my book wish list has grown by leaps and bounds because of books I've learned about just by scanning down the gadgets at the right each day.

I've always read a lot of mystery novels. The suggestions of others whose ideas I know from blogs has widened my reading, even in the mystery field.

I'm thankful for blogs and the way they enrich my reading.

I started this blog mainly as a way to give people a contact with me if they had read my book. And that has happened, both through the blog and through my web site. But I didn't really expect to be enriched myself the way I have been.

I truly believe the Internet is being used to promote reading in a way it has not been promoted before. There are so many blogs. Not many people may read any one. Only a few read this one. But the little webs that go out from here have been good for me in my own reading.

I am thankful for mystery novel and general reading blogs.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

Joe, you've said exactly what I feel but have never been able to articulate. Even we "little" bloggers cause ripples in the big pond.

Joe Barone said...

Corey,
This little blog and the ones I link to are a part of what keeps me reading.