Friday, March 20, 2009

Miltiple Voices















Friday, March 20, 2009

I love the multiple voices in the mystery genre.

You can't get much different than Alexander McCall Smith and Ken Bruen. But I like them both.

And that goes for writers who are much less successful too.

In the last while, I've read a lot about what is happening to publishers and book publishing. My prayer is that we will still have access to multiple voices, not just best sellers, through regular trade publishers. I know anyone can publish a print-on-demand book nowadays, and those books can be of good quality, both in content and in just the actual physical books themselves.

But I enjoy seeing those multiple voices on the book shelves too. I enjoy walking through a book store and thinking, "That sounds interesting. I wonder what that's all about?" I've found a lot of good writers that way. I still hope to do so.


PS. I don't keep many books. My bookshelf has the old beat up, often read, books on it.

No comments: