Monday, June 29, 2009

Gabriel Du Pre

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Every once in a while, a name pops into my mind.

That's what happened with Gabriel Du Pre. Gaberiel Du Pre is the main character in the Peter Bowen's Montana Mysteries.

In so far as I can tell, the last of those books published so far was published in 2006. So it has been at least that long since I have read one. But I loved them. I can't recommend them enough.

Coyote Wind was the first one, but I liked them all. Du Pre is "a M├ętis descendant of the French Voyageurs and Plains Indians," to quote one of the reader reviews in Amazon. The books are a mixture of western and mystery genres.

If you haven't read these Peter Bowen stories, I recommend them.


---------
PS A little update on the animal sagas around our place. Our gardeners have trapped one opossum, three coons and a black cat in the community garden. They relocate the wild animals on someone's farm a ways from here.

Last time I told you about our animals, I didn't tell you that we had seen a Parakeet flying lose and eating from bird feeders. We saw the Parakeet again yesterday. The Parakeet should have a prosperous seed-full summer. Unfortunately, this winter won't be so kind.

3 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

Ah, poor parakeet. Think anyone could catch it and give it a home? Tough to catch, I'm sure.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm adding this series to my ever-expanding list.

Joe Barone said...

We can't catch it. We hope its owner might be able to.

Cathy said...

I'll add my praise to yours. I love the Gabriel Du Pre series. I had a mini-panic last week when I realized that I didn't have the last two books in the series. I've rectified that!