Friday, June 5, 2009

Short Takes


Friday, June 5, 2009

--Browsing through a mystery timeline, I found that Aurthur Conan Doyle was born May 22, 1859. I didn't realize this was the 150th anniversary of his birth.

--The Shadow is older than I am. I remember going to my bedroom on Sunday afternoons, closing the door, and listening to The Shadow on the radio. When we talk about our roots in reading mystery fiction, for me, a part of it goes back to radio.

--In my reading on Crimespace, I've become aware of the pressures writers feel. To me, writing a good book is challenge enough. Publishing is changing. Newspapers, magazines and book publishers are all trying to adjust to the Internet world. Sometimes the best things come out of hard times. Let's hope it happens that way this time.

No comments: