Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blogs about books matter

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm reading Michael Stanley's
A Carrion Death. I learned about it on the Kittling: Books blog.

Without the blog I probably never would have heard of the two Michael Stanley books she mentions.

I learned about Art Hardin from Corey Wilde. I first heard of flash fiction from pattinase.

Enough said, really.

When I retired, I planned to spend the "up" time left to me reading and writing mystery stories.

My main goal was to stay alert, to exercise my mind doing something I had loved all my life but not had huge amounts of time to do. I had no idea what part weblogs about books would play in that.

-----

PS I'm less than one-fourth of the way in, but so far A Carrion Death is good reading. It is a long book. When you buy that book, you get your money's worth!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I hope you enjoy the book!

Joe Barone said...

I am enjoying the book very much. So far, it is what I would call a leisurely story in its telling, kind of like its detective.

I'm not the fastest reader in the world. You'll probably hear my own opinion in few days.

Corey Wilde said...

That book is on my list to read but no telling when I'll get to it. I'm interested in what you think of it.

Joe Barone said...

So far, so good. I'll let you know in a few days. It is a long book, and I am a slow reader.