Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finger Lickin' Fifteen

Friday, July 3, 2009

Janet Evanovich's
Finger Lickin' Fifteen is not my kind of book. I found the plot repetitive of itself and of earlier books and the characters the same as always.

The book ends with a hot dog chasing a psychopathic killer. The whole thing was just too silly for me.

That's not to say that thousands of people won't love the book. They always love Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. And for a while, I did too. A few books back, I thought it was hilarious when Grandma Mauzer blew up the funeral home. But now, I find myself wanting something new and different.

These books bring laughter to a lot of people. I remember, one Sunday morning, listening to several younger women congregation members standing in the foyer of the church laughing out loud as they rehashed the latest Stephanie Plum novel. Who can say bad things about books that do that for people? But I will probably leave future episodes of Stephanie Plum to those folks.

1 comment:

Corey Wilde said...

I got your back on this one, Joe!