Monday, August 10, 2009

Short Takes

Monday, August 10, 2009

I have just a couple of short recommendations to make today--

--This post on The Mystery Bookshelf. I've only read the first book on the list. How about you?

--And this post about the Louisville Library on The Drowning Machine. If you are reading this later in the week, you may have to page down to find the post.

Most of us who are writers or readers love and support libraries. Libraries are undergoing large cuts in this recession. We all need to help see them though.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'd read about three or four of them. And they were all good. A good year for crime fiction.
Our library continues to buy dozens of copies of James Patterson type books and skimps on the rest. They really ought to know people can wait to read Patterson.

Joe Barone said...

Patti,
I will read some more of these I'm sure. I too prefer more non-pattern books and wish libraries carried more of them.

Corey Wilde said...

I've read exactly half of that list. I don't know that I'll ever get 'round to the other half though.

Corey Wilde said...

Oh, and thank you for spreading the word about Louisville's library, Joe.

Joe Barone said...

I'm impressed with your reading. And on the second note, You are welcome.