Monday, August 31, 2009

Why I blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

I am blessed.

I've read (or am reading) three excellent books in a row. All of them came from suggestions on someone's blog.

I started this blog mostly to give people who read my book a channel through which to get in touch with me. Then it became a journal to keep track of my reading. As a discipline, I try to add, at least a little something, each day.

But now I am also aware of the blessing of the blog community. That's were I find most of my reading suggestions.

I'm what I'd call an eccentric reader. Maybe most of us are. I read all kinds of mystery stories, not just one type. I especially like stories which take me into different cultures or countries. And I value stories which make me think.

So today, I say thanks for all of you who blog. You have been helpful to me.

4 comments:

Realmcovet said...

Hi Joe!

Thank you for your kind comment on Erica's blog. Hearing that from you means so much, & I thank God for bloggers like yourself. You remind me of the light in my life and the goodness the people of this world have to offer. God bless you too & have a beautiful day. :)

Corey Wilde said...

It's mutual, Joe. You help me, even though you may not realize how, to maintain perspective.

Joe Barone said...

Realm,
You just made my day more beautiful. Thanks.

Joe Barone said...

Hey Corey,
We help each other.