Saturday, September 5, 2009

College football season

September 5, 2009

The beginning of football season made me remember a cozy mystery book I read one time.

I read the book after we had walked the Notre Dame campus. It was fun to read about settings I had seen in person.

As you would expect, Notre Dame football played a part in the story.

I'm not a great sports fan, but I do like to watch football. We had season tickets for Missouri University football games for four years. That was because our son and his future wife played in the band, Marching Mizzou.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

You know I'm a football fan, and I'll be offline for a few hours today while the Buckeyes play Navy.

The title of that book sure does reflect the state of ND football for the last few years. I used to watch highlights of ND football on Sunday mornings (yeah, I was skipping church) when I was maybe 10-12. Terry Hanratty, Joe Theismann, Joe Montana... It was ND's heyday.

Joe Barone said...

I remember back in the 60's when I was at Missouri University. We played Notre Dame one time and thought it meant we were in the big time, though we knew we would get beat.

That has changed. I'd love to see the Irish come back.

By the way, I skipped church too. In fact, I didn't attend when I was in college and long time afterward.