Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Expectations

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One of the things I often do on the first of the month is to look at Stop, You're Killing Me! for a list of books coming out this month. Then I dream.

This month, just on the basis of descriptions, I have high hopes for
Owl Killers.

I also notice there will be a new Agatha Raisin mystery. So far, I continue to let the sort of bumbling Agatha and her friends frustrate me.

I also wondered about R. J. Ellory's A Quiet Belief in Angels. Ken Bruen has called the book, "A riveting mystery; as compelling as it's moving. Beautifully written, with a bleak poetry that makes you yearn to read aloud. Think Salinger meets Chandler."

It is fun to look over the list of upcoming books. Do you see books that look good to you?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I received an ARC of A Quiet Belief in Angels after the publicist read one of my blog posts. I'm 2/3 of the way through, and unless it completely falls apart in the last 100 pages, it just might knock my socks clean off.

Joe Barone said...

Cathy, I expected as much. Thanks.