Monday, September 21, 2009

The next book up

Monday
September 21, 2009

I have already started Andrea Camilleri's The Terra-Cotta Dog. This humorous/serious book has a special attraction for me. More than one hundred years ago my grandfather and grandmother on my father's side immigrated from Sicily. According to family legend, my grandmother gave birth to my father (who would have been 107 this year) the day after she got off the boat.

So I am looking forward to reading about Sicilian Inspector Montalbano.

Already, the book as been a joy with a mixture of humor and police procedure in a place where they do things differently than we do.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Andrea Camilleri is in a league all his own. I hope you enjoy this book! I know that when I read the first book in the series, I wasn't overly impressed, but something made me pick up the next. I'm glad I did because now this is one of my favorite series.

Joe Barone said...

Cathy,
I'm about half way through this book, and I love it. It is such an interesting mixture of subtle humor, unusual setting (compared to what we're used to), and real story.