Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The ten-year century

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm back to writing almost every day now. That slows things down on the blog. I don't spend as much time reading. But, still, I read.

Yesterday, I ran across an interesting article, "50 things that are being killed by the internet." Among the things listed were enforceable copyrights and fanzines.

I've seen concern about both from writers and readers.

What would I list if I had to write an article entitled, "10 things changed about books and writing because of the internet"?

My father was born in 1902. When he died at 83, he had gone from a time without widespread automobiles to a time when people walked on the moon.

They say that, now, a century of change for people like my father occurs every ten years. We now have the ten-year century. I heard someone talking about this last night. I think he was quoting
The Wall Street Journal.

No comments: