Friday, September 25, 2009

Why do you read a book?

Friday, September 25, 2009

SHORT TAKES

--Do you read books because they've won awards? I don't. Most often I read a book because something about it has caught my fancy. That, or I take a suggestion from someone whose recommendations have been good for me in the past. Right now, your blog suggestions guide most of my reading. I see a book described on someone's blog. The book catches my fancy, and I read it.

--Here is a post about an author I'm reading now. In a way, I am most taken with Camilleri because of the way he portrays the Sicilian personality. I grew up with a wonderful and emotional Sicilian father. Camilleri's Inspector Montalbano is the same way.

--This is a difficult time to be a writer. I ran across this post from an author I've read, an author whose latest book is in my TBR stack. Also, here is another post which reflects a different kind of stress in the publishing industry.

No comments: