Thursday, October 1, 2009

Interesting interview


Friday, Ocotober 1, 2009

Here is a brief interview with (and a fantastic picture of) Ruth Cavin.

When Jeff Rivera asked her to give an opinion about changes in book publishing, she replied, "I don't think I'm the person to ask, because publishing as it was is the publishing that I know and feel at home in."

I have great respect for Ruth. She treated my book with care and helped me see my skills as a writer. That was true through both the subject and the times meant my book would never be a large seller.

From what I've read, Ruth played a great part in St. Martin's contests which open the door for new writers.

Though I have met her only through email, Ruth Cavin will always be special to me.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

Now there's a lady who should write AND publish her memoirs.

Joe Barone said...

She is a very fine lady, and I'm sure I'd have to stand in a long, long line to tell her that.