Thursday, January 21, 2010

Will E-Readers Treat Writers More Fairly?




I don't know the answer to the question in the title of this post, but there have been a host of articles lately about increases in royalties for the Kindle.  See here for one of them.  

I'm just a small town person who doesn't know much about these things, but when I think about it, I find it interesting how many people make a living off of a writer's creativity.  There are agents, editors, proofreaders, publishers, sellers, and I'm sure you can think of others.  

All are taking a slice of whatever some author's creativity generates.

How much of the increased royalty will go to the authors themselves?

I'm trying to find and read more good books from independent publishers as a way of encouraging variety in what I read.  I don't want everything to come down to James Patterson and J.D. Robb (though I read some of those too). 

So I found this Reuters article and the other articles interesting.

No comments: