Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nothing Lasts Forever

February 3, 2010

Erica Orloff's blog triggered a thought for me.  In response to one of her posts, I wrote:

"I have written all my life, always something, not always books. The little man in my book told Roy, 'Nothing lasts forever.'

"When the time comes that I can no longer write something each day, I will be very sad.
"

That time will come.  I already find myself doing things I would have never done before.  Occasionally using the wrong "their/there/they're," for example.  I would have never done that when I was younger, and I would not have understood that some might do it just as an honest mistake, not because they don't know the difference (to use a double negative).

It is not that I expect to find myself mentally disabled or anything like that.  It is just that all blessings on this earth end.

What a blessing for me, in my retirement, to be able to spend my time reading mystery novels and writing them.  However long I have, I will be thankful for it.

Truly, nothing lasts forever.  Whatever it is you love and enjoy, if you can do it, do it. 

2 comments:

Helen said...

Well said Joe!!

Joe Barone said...

Thanks, Helen.