Thursday, October 27, 2011

A BRIEF THANK YOU


I’ve quit reading movie reviews in the Kansas City Star. Previously, Robert Butler did the Star’s reviews.

I seldom agreed with him, but I had read him enough to be able to tell, from his review, whether I would like the movie. 

Now, the Star uses a variety of reviewers. I don’t have the Robert Butler frame of reference, so I skip the Star’s movie reviews.

I feel the same way about blogs. I click on the blogs in the right column regularly. Certain blogs, especially, lead me to good books.

I write my own blog for myself. But I am grateful for the rest of you who write blogs which lead me to good books.

For some reason, today, as I skipped another printed movie review, I thought of all of you, and I was thankful.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

The Detroit Free Press just cribs reviews from everywhere. Why even bother? Oh, for the world we once had.

Joe Barone said...

Patti, Agreed!