Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 FAVORITES



These are the books I read in 2012 which I most liked--

(Click on book title to link to my comments about the book.)


REST YOU MERRY--Charlotte MacLeod

THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY--Louise Penny

THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN--Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö


AUNT DIMITY’S DEATH by Nancy Atherton


ON BEULAH HEIGHT--Reginald Hill

MURDER IN MYKONOS--Jeffrey Siger

BURY ME DEEP--Megan Abbott

A FREE MAN OF COLOR--Barbara Hambly


These are in no particular order. If I had to pick my one favorite, it would be ON BEULAH HEIGHT.

I read both new books and books published long ago.

Arthur W. Upfield is one author not on this list whose books I plan read more of

I’d be interested in knowing the favorites you read this year.

2 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

Clearly I need to make some time for Reginald Hill. Nice list, Joe!

Joe Barone said...

Naomi,
This particular book is probably one of the very best I have ever read.