Sunday, September 18, 2016

DISHING THE DIRT by M.C. Beaton






M. C. Beaton fills Dishing the Dirt with murders. Agatha Raisin even solves one murder in the middle of the book.

Along the way, someone murders a local con woman who calls herself a therapist, a private detective trying to search out the con, Agatha's lawyer, and others.

The murders go back to before when the therapist came to Agatha's village of Carsely.

The murderer attacks Agatha sending her poison flowers. Then later the murderer attacks her in other ways. And the solution to the crime borders on unique.

To make the book even more unusual, staid Mrs. Bloxby, the vicar's wife, finds someone who turns her on.

If you can't tell, I liked this book. It had a lot happening. It was more than just Agatha chasing every man who comes her way (though she did that too). Agatha experienced real fear.

I don't read the Agatha Raisin books in order. This one refers to the one that went before and ends with a lead-in the next book. But these books stand alone well. They are fun.

-----

I downloaded this Kindle book from my local library.

1 comment:

Joe Barone said...

I worked on a newspaper one time. I learned that many of the unnoticed embarrassing errors appeared in headlines. I have corrected this headline which had said, DISHING THE DIRTY. That might make a good title for another book anyway. Sorry!

As I age, I have more trouble with spelling and mistakes. I've even misspelled character names once in a while. I try to be careful about this, but . . .

One time on the paper, we put out a football insert. The centerfold had ads around the outside and a huge section in the middle with the word "football" in what seemed like 6,000 point type. We spelled it "FOOBALL!"