Monday, October 27, 2008

I thank God for Tony Hillerman

Tuesday, October 27, 2008

Tony Hillerman died within the last few days.

I thank God for Tony Hillerman. As so many did, I read all his Navajo Tribal Police books. He took me to a different place and taught me about cultures I might never have known. He also told a good story.

Some writers do that for you. I can still remember certain scenes from the books about Leaphorn and Chee. And of course, I wanted more.

Hillerman was way more well known that I will ever be, but in other ways, I would like to be able to do what he did--tell good stories about unusual places, people, or subjects.

If I can do that, when it comes time for me to die, I expect to rest in peace. So may it be for Tony Hillerman!


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: