Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MomentsInCrime

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I enjoy reading blogs about writing. The same goes for blogs written by writers. And of course, I almost always read mystery stories. I've been reading mystery stories since The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew when I was a child.

This week James D. Doss is writing in MomentsInCrime. He writes the Charlie Moon series.

I came to Charlie Moon the same way a lot of folks probably did. I was looking for more Tony Hillerman than Tony Hillerman could write. And I ran across good stories by James D. Doss (who is interviewed at this link). Right now I'm reading his newest book Snake Dreams.

As I was reading last night, I became aware of what fun it is to read a good writer. I had just finished another mystery book. It was good enough, I guess, but it lacked spark for me. Then I picked up Doss, and I became aware that the combination of the characters and the writing style (which is kind of eccentric) made for enjoyable reading.

So if you want to learn a little more about a good writer, check over at MomentsInCrime this week. You might enjoy James D. Doss.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: