Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Opus died

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The cartoon character Opus died.

I didn't read the cartoon much, but my wife did. And of course, as Opus approached his death, I became interested. His final story was a very moving story.

I like stories. For years my favorite comic strip was Funky Winkerbean. When the Kansas City Star dropped it, I found the site where it is housed and now we pay to see Funky (and other cartoons) every day.

The ebb and flow of life, and how people respond to it. That's what I read for. Mostly I read mysteries, but always I want characters I can relate to and stories that move me.

The characters I write about and read about are important to me. I grieve when they struggle or die, and I am happy when they triumph.

So I could understand it when my wife was sad because Opus died.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: