Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 27, 2008

For these things I give thanks--

--For the ability to get this blog to reproduce itself in the same type each time, at least most of the time.

--For the good things which have happened to our family this year, Paul's new PhD, a good year for Paul and Mel, a published book, all kinds of beautiful quilts.

--For the joy of being able to write as I have always dreamed and the mental acuity to do that.

--For the opportunity to walk my three miles every day and the place to do it.

--For great memories. My mother and father taught me lasting values and lived those values in their own lives. May they rest in peace.

--For my sister and the life she has been able to lead despite her chronic disabling illness.

--For good friends, especially Larry, Lisa and Lauren.

--For the privilege of being with close members of Ann's family in hard, hard times.

--For the hope of better times.

--For Barack Obama and his vision of the future. I pray for him and his family almost every day.

--For Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. They were great examples.

--And most of all, for Ann. She is the light of my life, the one who has kept us on track all these years. Our love continues.

We are so greatly privileged. God blesses us beyond our wildest dreams. May that be so for all the world. May my blessings never lead me to forget the needy, the mentally ill, the abused, the struggling, the starving, those whose children have been buried in collapsing schools, and those whose whole lives have been devoted to helping and to serving.

"People are more important than things." That's what the little man always said. May we never forget it, and may we always be thankful.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: