Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Daddies are dashing

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A few days ago I put a post on Erica Orloff's blog which I want to share with you today. She had asked what was the most special gift you had ever received at Christmas. Here is what I wrote:

Oddly enough, I can't think of any special gift over the years. I think the passing of time is what tells you what is really special. I have a little cheap stone statue that says Super Dad. It sits on my computer and watches me write. It has 1982 written on the bottom of it. I suppose Ann and Paul picked it out for me. Paul is now 28, almost 29. He would have been almost three at the time.

Also, I have his counted cross stitch which says Daddies are Dashing and his little counted cross stitch clown (We clowned together). Then there's the professionally-made picture collage of the two of us together in clown makeup when he was maybe in the fourth or fifth grade.

I love my life now, but I will always think the most special time was when Paul was growing up and Ann, Paul and I were doing all kinds of things together.

So I guess my greatest gifts have been the people who love me. I thank God for the things that remind me of them.

What have been your special gifts over the years?


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: