Thursday, December 25, 2008

I thought of you and prayed for you today

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I had a minister friend who had a little ritual with his congregation. At the end of every service, he would say, "God is good," and they would reply, "all the time."

He had ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) with all the struggle that implies. At the close of his funeral, his family stood in front of the congregation and said, "God is good." We all replied, "All the time."

I thought of that today because Christmas is such a sad and difficult time for some people, at least some years. If you are among those people, you are in my prayers today.

I can't tell you "God is good" even in your grief. We all have to come to our conclusions about God ourselves. But I can tell you that I thought of you today and prayed for you today.

There's really nothing else to say. We all respond to holidays as we respond to them. But if you are grieving, struggling or facing some terrible event, you are in my prayers today. You are in my prayers.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: