Saturday, January 10, 2009

Communicating in peace

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sometimes I long for peace.

There is so much war in the world and in our lives. Aside from wars like the war in Israel and Gaza, there is even war in the way we talk to one another.

I look at several blogs. Some of them are peaceful, but the ones around religion especially, have such name calling and strong language. It amazes me how people think that somehow their religious belief gives them the right to shout at one another. Some people really believe they speak for God.

Evil begets more evil. One of the hard things about writing the book I wrote was that each violent act, from the original rapes on begat some other kind of violent act. It took a peaceful person to try to break the cycle.

There is enough pain in the world without us shouting at each other. Your faith or opinion can impinge on mine without us shouting at one another.

So today I pray for peace, not just in the Middle East and elsewhere, but in the more ordinary things too.


If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: