Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Goodreads site

Saturday, January 3, 2009

If you like to read, you might enjoy the Goodreads site.

That is a kind of connection site for people who like to read. Readers put their book lists on it. They also write reviews of books they've read.

One of the things I have enjoyed about the site is that some people have reviewed The Body in the Record Room. I can read the review and then look back at the reviewer's book list to see how my book fitted into the kinds of books he or she likes to read. The site gives me some connection with those who read my book.

I've found a couple good reading suggestions from folks on the site.

I was introduced to the site by a friend. To me the site is just another way of encouraging reading. Fewer people are reading books now than once did. Maybe sites like Goodreads will bring us back to reading more again.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: