Saturday, February 14, 2009

Three Bags Full



Friday, February 14, 2009

In a comment yesterday, Corey Wilde reminded me of a book I loved. It is probably among the most unusual mystery books I've ever read, Three Bags Full: A Sheep Detective Story by Leonie Swann. The detectives are sheep. The main detective is an old gal (at least that's how she seemed to me when I read the book a year or so ago) named Miss Marple.

The action is humorous. The story ends at a contest for the best sheep in the village. The sheep solve the mystery of the murder of their favorite shepherd. This is a perfect gentle kind of book (almost a little more than a cozy) to remember on Valentine's Day.

For some reason, in all my writing of these little posts, I hadn't remembered that book. Now, thanks to Corey, I have.

If you haven't read Three Bags Full, find a copy. I think you will like it.



If you would like to respond to this post, please leave a comment or go to my web site where there is an email address. Thanks.

No comments: