Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My own writing

Wednesday, April 7, 2009

What's happening with my own writing?

The second Roy Rogers book is finished and the third (the last of the trilogy) is about two-thirds done. Also, another book is finished. It is called The Eternity Covenant. The Rev. John Cosby and his girlfriend Marianne Gonzales are its heroes.

Will any of these books see the light of day of commercial publishing? I don't know. The two submitted ones have not been turned down. But things are tough in publishing, and I'm not a best-selling writer to say the least.

In any case, I keep writing. Commercially published or not, finally the books will be done up so that my family will have copies to keep as mementos.

So that's where I am with my own writing. I thought you might like to know.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

I'm keeping fingers crossed that publishers will see the light and get that next Roy Rogers book out soon.

Writing books must be a bit like fishing: Catch and release. And once released, who knows what happens to that fish?

Joe Barone said...

Thanks, Corey. My connection with St. Martin's Minotaur has been nothing but good. This is a hard time in publishing (and a whole lot else). I am so much more blessed than so many right now that I have no complaints regardless of what happens.