Monday, July 13, 2009

J. J. Marric

Monday, July 13, 2009

Yesterday's quote reminded me that even most good writers are forgotten.

Back in the 1950's and beyond, I enjoyed reading J. J. Marric's books about Gideon of Scotland Yard. They were simple police procedurals. I found the characters and stories interesting.


Marric was John Creasey's pen name. Creasey wrote under a host of pen names including Patrick Dawlish whom I also read.

Yesterday, Susan Silverman reminded Spenser, "Your work is mortal. Your mistakes will be too."

Creasey died in the summer of 1973. I remember noting his death with sadness.

I haven't thought of Creasey, or particularly J. J. Marric, for a long time.

Today I remember a writer who gave me a lot of good reading--J. J. Marric.

-----
PS Gideon's Day, the first book in the series, is available on Kindle. I haven't been able to tell about any of the others.

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

I've a friend who has, over the years, acquired a lot of the Gideon books. I don't think she's read any of them.

Joe Barone said...

They are pretty tame police procedurals, but I remember enjoying them.