Thursday, August 6, 2009

Most amazing cozy subject?


Friday, August 7, 2009

What is the most amazing cozy subject in a book you have read?

Sometimes I get amused at the subjects of cozy novels. I've read novels about florists and floral arrangers, soap makers, lace makers, knitters, cats who solve crimes, and I understand there is even one written by a dog. The narrator is a dog. I've not read that one. It might not be a cozy.

The new thing in cozies, probably way old by now since I'm not truly up to date, is vampires and things like that.

I enjoy some cozy novels. I read them for a break from the more grisly sorts of writing mysteries sometimes contain.

I know a lot of you read way more cozies than I ever will. What books had the most offbeat subjects?

2 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

Once in a while, a good cozy -- or even a bad one -- helps renew my appreciation for the edgier books.

The one about the professor whose expertise was in gravestones caught my eye. I wasn't crazy about the story, but it isn't a topic I come across frequently.

Joe Barone said...

I think I've read that book, but it will take some digging to remember the title. I believe the first winner of the St. Martin's Malice Domestic contest was that kind of book. As I remember they found a body buried in a house they were renovating or something like that. I liked that book.