Saturday, September 19, 2009

Short Takes


Saturday, September 19, 2009

--I ran across this story about what is happening with the Google book settlement.

--A couple days ago, I read a little note that Amazon is selling more copies of Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol on Kindle than in bound form. I don't know whether that is still occurring. The story said the publisher had almost decided not to put the book out in electronic form. I'm sure I'll read the book. I read
The Da Vinci Code.

--I have read one issue of both Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. I enjoyed them. I found several really good stories, and a number of stories which didn't interest me much at all. Of course, someone else might love the stories I didn't like. I always appreciated both magazines because it seemed to me they were open to beginners. They print "first stories."

4 comments:

Corey Wilde said...

I'm still waiting on my first issues of EQMM and AHMM - drooling.

Joe Barone said...

I hope EQMM sends you the September-October issue. That's the one that has the Zeltersman story in it.

Corey Wilde said...

Just got my first issue of EQMM today. It's the December issue. I'm happy to have it and I'm sure I will enjoy it, but at the same time, frankly, I'm bummed. Gotta go visit their website and see about getting back issues.

Joe Barone said...

Sorry. I was afraid that was what was going to happen.