Saturday, October 10, 2009

Poe's Death


Saturday, October 10, 2009

I've been reading Edgar Allan Poe since I was in my early teens.

I'd never read the details of his death.

This Washington Post article gives a few of those details. I found a couple of the paragraphs about how Poe died interesting.

------

PS One of the things I noticed when I wrote this, is that I had a previous tag where I misspelled Allan. I spelled it with an "e." I have always struggled with spelling, and as I've gotten older, it gets worse. In any case, I think I have it right this time.

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Names are especially hard for me. If I see a name spelled one way it is hard to make individual adjustments. Every week on Forgotten Books, someone points out an error.

Joe Barone said...

Thanks for this comment. It makes me feel better.

Corey Wilde said...

The older I get, the more difficult it becomes to automatically choose the correct homophone (deer/dear; here/hear) when I'm writing. It can be embarrassing.

Joe Barone said...

Corey, I have the same problem. I used to teach English to high schoolers and drill "to, two, and too," into them. Now, every once in a while (not often yet), I find I've used the wrong "too."

One reason I read and write so much is that I want to keep the old gray matter as challenged as possible.