Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cross


I struggle  with the unending bleakness of the books in the Jack Taylor series.  But I find the books compelling, nonetheless.  That's the way it was with Ken Bruen's Cross. 

In this book, Jack tries to find the killer of a crucified young man.  At the same time, he deliberately avoids seeking the killer of his surrogate son, Cody, because he thinks he knows who that is.  He sees a kind of terrible tit-for-tat in Cody's murder, though it tears him apart.  


Taylor's strange relationship with the Lesbian policewoman Ridge continues. 



All this makes for an excellent book, one I found to be among the best in the series. 

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Haven't read this one yet. But I will.

Joe Barone said...

I liked it better than the one before it. I find this man to be a compelling storyteller.

Corey Wilde said...

Jack Taylor's life is like an auto accident. You don't want to stare, but it's hard to turn away.

Joe Barone said...

Ken Bruen is just a flat out good writer.