Friday, February 26, 2010

Look for a special guest blog



As you know, all the books I write about on this blog are books I've bought or borrowed from a library.

I very much appreciate people who get advanced reading copies, review the books, and then write blog posts about them.  That's where I find most of the recently-published books I buy.  But I tried the ARC route once, and I didn't feel comfortable with it myself.  I'm not objective enough with free books. 

Still, for especially promising, award-winning books, maybe there's another way.

When Thomas Kaufman wrote me about the possibility of doing a guest blog on his new book Drink the Tea, I agreed because it comes highly recommended, and it sounded like a book I would like to read.

This is his debut mystery scheduled for publication March 2. It won the PWA/St. Martin's Press Best First Private Eye Novel Competition.  It received a starred review in Publishers Weekly, and from that review and the other things I've read about it, it is a book I will be buying.

Part of the PW review and some other comments are reprinted here.

This is a new adventure for me--a guest blog.  I'm looking forward to finding out what Thomas Kaufman has to say.  

Look for Thomas Kaufman's guest blog which is coming soon. 

Here is Kaufman's web site.
 

2 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

I'm looking forward to this! I'm reading his book now, in preparation for a signing he's doing in Westerville in March.

Joe Barone said...

I'm looking forward to reading the book. It sounds unique.