Saturday, March 13, 2010

SUNDAY QUOTE


March 14, 2010
 
"My big novel is the mosaic of all my small novels."
                    --Georges Simenon

-----
NOTE:  Generally the quotes on this page come only from books I have read.  I have not read this book.  I found the quote elsewhere.  But over the years I read and loved the mystery novels of Georges Simenon.  I watched them each get shorter and shorter, more and more compact, but I never read one (always in translation, of course) that I didn't love.  

2 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

I've not yet had the pleasure of reading Simenon, but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Maigret series that starred Michael Gambon.

Joe Barone said...

I have so many books on my "to read" list that sometimes I shutter when I call someone like Simenon to mind. It is a great temptation to go back and read at least a few of them again.

I suspect I'll do that somewhere along the way (the Good Lord willing, and my time doesn't run out before my books do).