Friday, July 30, 2010

KEEPING TRACK OF WHAT I'VE READ

This blog helps me keep track of what I've read.

There are over 500 posts here now.  So for the last few years, I've written a little something about most of the mystery stories I've read.

When I decided I'd read The Second Death of Goodluck Tinubu, I was almost certain I hadn't read it before, that I'd only read the first book in the series. But to be sure, I checked here.  This blog is just a list of many of the books I've read.

Personally, I wasn't comfortable writing about books sent from publishers to be reviewed.  I tried that once, and I didn't feel objective.

As I've said here before, I don't say that critically.  I truly appreciate those who do review advanced copies.  I get a lot of my new reading from their blogs.  But I couldn't do that.  I just want to use this as a record of much of what I've read and my response to it.

3 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

You do an excellent job, Joe. Witness the props that EQMM gave you in the most recent issue.

DTK Molise said...

This is a very decent blog you have here. I am a new blogger/writer of crime and crime fiction currently based in Kabul, AFG and I am trying to write something based on this country or region. If you are interested my blog is kabulnoir.blogspot.com. Keep up the good work.

Joe Barone said...

Thanks, Naomi.

DTK. I looked at your blog. It looks interesting.